City of Winnemucca
- Transportation Hub: Interstate 80, Hwy 95 and rail served by Union Pacific, BNSF, and Amtrak
- Winnemucca Municipal Airport: Non-commercial, 100LL and Jet A fuel, two runways (4,800’ and 7,000’), two helipads, hangars and tiedowns
- Airport Industrial Park: Incentives including low or no-cost land for qualified companies
- Excellent schools including Great Basin College
Winnemucca Quick Facts
- Area: 8.3 sq/miles
- Elevation: 4,300
- Named after Paiute Chief Winnemucca, was incorporated in 1917 and is the county seat
- Often called an “Oasis in the High Desert” due to large farming, ranching operations and the Humboldt River which flows through town
- Host of regional events including rodeos, Basque Festival, custom car and motorcycle shows, and recently opened a new 36,000+ sf Boys and Girls Club.
A Little About Winnemucca
Winnemucca, Nevada is at the cross-roads of US Highway 95 north from Las Vegas to Oregon/Idaho and Interstate 80, which spans across Northern Nevada between California and Utah. Many people are surprised by the large farming and ranching operations with abundant water in this high desert landscape. The Humboldt River flows through town, and the city is often referred to as an “oasis in the desert” by those passing through it.
Winnemucca is a great place to live, work, and raise a family with all the services and activities that make a city flourish. It is an expanded community of about 17,000 located in north central Nevada, the heart of the Great Basin, halfway between San Francisco and Salt Lake City.
Winnemucca is a thriving city surrounded by vast unpopulated stretches of land. This provides an opportunity for nearly unlimited access for exploring, sightseeing, hunting, fishing and many other recreational opportunities.
The region has a four-season, mild high desert climate with 225 days of sunshine per year and warm days in the summer moderated by the cool summer nights. Winters are easy, with an average of only 53 days per year that the temperature drops below freezing.
A historic downtown, new housing neighborhoods, abundant recreation and a community focused around an elevated quality of life makes Winnemucca a top choice for relocation.