City of Elko
- Population: 22,000
- Elevation: 5,200
- Square miles: 17.6
- Incorporated in 1917
- Largest city in all directions for over 130 miles
- University of Nevada established in the City of Elko in 1874
- Celebrating 100th Year Anniversary 1917-2017
The perfect merger of small town charm and business-friendly community, the City of Elko is not only the number one “best small town in America,” according to Norman Crampton’s book, but also the service hub of the Northeastern Nevada region.
The Northeastern Nevada Regional Railport: just six miles outside Elko, the Northeastern Nevada Regional Railport and Industrial Park offers rail service through Union Pacific and BNSF.
A business-friendly government: consider our probusiness right-to-work laws and a location in one of the lowest taxed states in the nation.
- Located on Interstate 80
- Commercial Airport, two runways, hangars and hangar rentals, fuel (100 LL and Jet A), rental cars, shuttle service
Served by the following utilities:
- Southwest Gas
- Elko Heat-Geothermal
- NV Energy
- City of Elko Municipal Utilities
- Elko Sanitation
- Frontier Communications
- Renewable Energy